So yeah, so I may decide to take commissions again. I can try my damnest to get online at least twice a week to keep up contact (Come the end of August I'll have my own computadora, so cheer, cheer hoo-rah!). The thing is though, I'm truly deciding on whether or not I really want to do this. I actually do want to do them. Honestly, I actually like doing them. Even if it's not particularly something up my alley, I still like doing it. It makes me a better artist and pays the bills, so you know, what the hell?
My decision is mostly based on the fact that I don't really make as much as I apparently should be making on these pieces. When asked by my teachers and a lot of my peers at school how much I sell my work for, they all practically slapped me and were like 'WTF YOO DOIN', FOO'?!!!'....
That being said, also, I'm kind of tired of people asking me for prints, and having to say no, because the commissioner didn't want me to. Waiting around for payments that people are going to get to me eventually after putting in at the very least fifty hours on something...and then not getting paid all that much...I can't do that anymore. Sorry.
So here's what I propose for commissions (for the most part) [said in circumstances that provide anyone actually wants one after this...I'm not trying to be mean or anything...this is in the interest of my welfare, and both me and potential clientele not getting burned on a deal]:
1. All commissions henceforth are to be paid for upfront. I may slack a little bit and do the rough draft before payment, but before I even think about final drafts, I need the promise of actual restitution (I have an apartment now, and bills to pay for. The school year's coming up as well, and some of our supplies are expensive.)
2. I am retaining all rights to the artwork I create: i.e.: reproduction rights, blah blah, etc. If you ever want to see a print book from me, this'll be the only way it'll ever get done. (By law I retain the rights anyway)
3. I'll still do commissions at the price I do now if you (like me) do not have a lot of money, but want something done. But, instead of getting the actual piece of artwork, you will get a very high quality print (I will sign it and everything), so that I may keep the original for reproductive or any other purposes. You'll still be getting what you want drawn, and I will make sure the print is as true to the original as possible.
4. When I do make an artbook, prints or whatever, those clientele who wish to be credited shall be credited.
5. If you want to contact me for a commission or more information on a commission (prices and such), send a note with the heading 'COMMISSION'. I promise I'll get around to answering them. If you've recently contacted me and I haven't gotten back to you, and you are still interested, please re-respond with that heading...my inbox has a lot to wade through, and since I don't have a lot of internet time, job responsibilities will come first.
6. I'll draw (pretty much) ANYTHING. Honestly. Whatever the hell you want, I'll do it. Even if your dreamiest dreamsicle is to make me squirm and draw cutesy little cliche big-eyed anime girls, I'll suck it up and bite my tongue and get to it. I've drawn people's grandkids before...nothing is as bad as doing that, and I'd still do it if you willed it.
Yep yep...if'n yer interested, note me and ask.
Meow meow...it's been so long since I wrote here...
anyways....since I never really got around to it a coupla weeks ago...
I finally saw 'Smokin' Aces'.........if'n she sees this (I'm doubting, but it'll be funnier if she does, so if you know her, tell her).... CAITLIN, HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE IT????!!!! *waits for it*.....*GASPPPPPPP!* (anyone who knows me for real can hear that echoing in their heads as it commonly happens when I talk about movies).
No, like seriously...I rented it and then had to return it and flipped out for like a week, then I caved in and went and bought it, and have since watched it at least six-thousand times. It also made me want to watch 'Narc' again...alas.
(Right now some girl's freaking out about touching a public computer two rows down from me...re-tar-tar s4uc3.)
Gleep. Anyways...artwise, right now I'm doing a lot of sculpture things, and am currently fucking around and experimenting with colored pencil (Milleh convinced me to use them. I did really (like wouldn' even touch them)hate them for the longest time, but I'm warming up...they have their ups and downs...). I still like using ballpoint pens better than any 2-d media though, methinks. I just don't want to end up a novelty because I use them so much, so I'm getting my feet wetter in other media than I have previously. I can't wait for classes so I can do even more stuff...
OMG LOOK NO SPOILERS ABOUT HARRY POTTER!
Yeah, yeah, just thought I'd mention it because I really loved the last book. I'm really happy it didn't get ruined for me this time (mainly because I didn't have a computer and didn't have some asshole post everything that happens right where I'd see it). That said, if you haven't read it yet...oooo....ooooo....I can't wait for you to read it. I really can't.
I'm outta here for now...I'll check in next week I guess.
Listening to: Justice
Reading: Harry Potter (actually I'm done, but whatev.)
Watching: Smokin' Aces
Playing: Yoshi's Island (damn goonies...)
Drinking: Diet Coke